⅔ cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
⅓ cup (⅔ stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
⅔ cup heavy cream
¼ cup powdered sugar
1 prebaked 9-inch pie crust or tart shell (as shown) or Chocolate Cookie Crust (see below)
Whipped cream and shaved dark chocolate (optional), for garnish
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the granulated sugar and eggs until well blended. Cook over low heat, whisking constantly, until the mixture reaches 160 degrees F and coats the back of a metal spoon. Remove from the heat. Add the chocolate and vanilla and stir until smooth. Set aside to cool for approximately 5 minutes.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter (room temperature) on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Add the cooled chocolate mixture and beat on high speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- In another large bowl, beat the cream on medium-high speed until it begins to thicken, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the powdered sugar and beat on low speed, then gradually return to medium-high until stiff peaks form. Fold into the chocolate mixture.
- Pour into the prebaked pie crust or tart shell. Refrigerate until well chilled, at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
- Garnish with whipped cream and shaved chocolate, if desired.
- Store, covered, in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days.
myWW: 18 (all 3 plans) (1 slice)
- Category: Medium
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: french silk pie