- 3 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. Yeast
- 1½ cups luke-warm water
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of raisins
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Measure out warm water and add the yeast to the water. Let the yeast sit in the water until it becomes foamy.
- Mix the dough: Combine the flour, salt, brown sugar, cinnamon, and raisins in a large bowl. Stir to combine. Pour in water and continue stirring until the dough has formed. I like to use a spatula for this.
- The dough will look messy and not smooth and that is completely okay.
- Let it Rise: Once combined, cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap or set a towel over the bowl; let sit on the counter overnight.
- Preheat Dutch Oven: When the dough is done rising and ready to bake, preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Stick a 6-quart enamel coated cast iron Lodge Dutch Oven (or similar) in the oven for about 30 minutes to heat.
- Shape Dough: Heavily flour clean countertop or surface. Remember this is no-knead! Dump the dough onto a floured surface and shape into a round ball.
- After dutch oven has preheated, take the dutch oven out CAREFULLY with some oven mitts or hot pads. Note handles will be extremely HOT!
- Place the ball of dough in the dutch oven and cover with lid.
- Bake at 450 degrees F for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, remove lid and bake for an additional 15 minutes until done. Bread will be golden in color.
- Cut into 12 slices, serving size 1 slice.
myWW 5 points (All 3 plans)
- Category: Easy
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: no knead bread