- 3 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. active dry yeast
- 1½ cups luke-warm water
- Combine the three dry ingredients in a large bowl, then pour in the luke-warm water.
- Stir until completely combined. The dough will look messy and not smooth and that is completely okay. Once combined, cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap or set a towel over the bowl; let sit on the counter overnight.
- When the dough is done rising and ready to bake, preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Stick a 6-quart enamel coated cast iron Lodge Dutch Oven (or similar) in the oven for about 30 minutes to heat.
- Heavily flour clean countertop or surface. Remember this is no-knead! Dump the dough onto a floured surface and shape into a round ball.
- After dutch oven has preheated, take the dutch oven out CAREFULLY with some oven mits or hot pads. Note handles will be extremely HOT!
- Place the ball of dough in the dutch oven and cover with lid.
- Bake at 450 degrees F for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, remove lid and bake for an additional 15 minutes until done. Bread will be golden in color.
If using Instant Yeast, the dough does not need to sit overnight, only a couple of hours.
No Dutch Oven: Use an oven-safe pot or pan with a lid on it. The dutch oven creates steam inside since it is covered.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 111
- Sugar: 3
- Fat: 1
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 22
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 3