Focaccia is an olive oil-enriched flattened Italian bread. It’s crispy on the outside and the inside is airy with holes inside
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active or instant dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- 2 cups of Luke warm water
- 5 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 to 6 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of dried or fresh rosemary
- Add the dry yeast, honey, and 2 ½ cups of warm water to a bowl. Whisk to combine and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add the all-purpose flour and salt and mix with a rubber spatula until a sticky dough forms. Drizzle some olive oil over the dough and place a towel over the bowl for 3- 4 hours or overnight. The dough will have tripled in size.
- With oily hands transfer the dough to an oven proof baking dish 9X13in. Spread the dough evenly to cover the whole pan. Cover that with saran wrap or a paper towel and let that rest for a few more hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Use your fingers to dimple the dough and poke holes in it. Then drizzle more olive oil to soak inside the holes. Sprinkle rosemary and flaky sea salt and bake until golden brown 30 - 35 minutes.
- Category: Medium
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: no knead focaccia bread