For the marinade
- 2 tsp of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of chicken stock fat-free
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 1 tsp of smoked paprika
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- juice of 1 lime
- 3 medium chicken breasts split in half lengthwise
- 1 cup of orzo
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- 2 cups of low sodium chicken stock
- 2 tsp of Mrs Dash Chipotle Seasoning blend
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste (no salt added)
- 1 jar of Tostitos Medium Queso Cheese Sauce
- 2 or 3 medium scallions, chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced.
- Mix all the ingredients for the chicken marinade in a bowl or in a zip lock bag. Place the chicken inside the marinade and let it sit for 30 minutes or overnight.
- You can grill the chicken or cook the chicken in the oven. I cooked mine in the oven for 20 minutes at 400 degrees. Then I let the chicken rest for 5 minutes. To grill the chicken, set your grill to high heat between 400 to 600 degrees and cook the chicken on each side for 5 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, make the orzo pasta. Heat the olive oil in a medium sauce pan and add in the uncooked orzo. Stir the orzo around in the olive oil for a bit so that it gets toasted. Be careful not to let it burn. Pour in the chicken stock and let the chicken stock cook for 8 minutes. Add in tomato paste and seasoning. The water should be absorbed when the orzo is done.
- Serve the chicken with the orzo and top with scallions, diced Roma tomatoes, and queso dip. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup orzo + chicken breast and 2 tablespoons of queso
MyWW points: Blue: 5; Green: 9; Purple: 5
1/2 cup orzo + chicken breast and 2 tablespoons of queso
Points are calculated with the WW recipe builder app and not using the nutrition info.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 467
- Sugar: 2
- Sodium: 181mg
- Fat: 27
- Saturated Fat: 7
- Carbohydrates: 13G
- Fiber: 2G
- Protein: 45mg