No reason to go to Red Lobster when you can make this shrimp scampi dish at home in under 20 minutes. This dish is WW friendly and Low Carb friendly depending on what you serve with it or just eat it as is.
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp pure olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, finely chopped
- 1½ cups chicken stock
- ½ fresh lemon, Juice only
- 4 tablespoons of Light Butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- Heat cast iron skillet and add olive oil.
- Add shrimp and cook until tender and no longer translucent, reduce heat. Remove Shrimp and set aside.
- Add garlic and cook 2-3 minutes. Do not allow garlic to brown – it will make it bitter.
- Add chicken stock and lemon juice.
- Cook until chicken stock is reduced by half.
- Reduce heat to low, and add butter. If pan is too hot, the butter will separate.
- Add shrimp back into sauce, add parsley, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serving Size: equally divide into 1/4 servings.
Blue Points: 4; Green Points: 6; Purple Points:4
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 205
- Sugar: .6
- Sodium: 1345mg
- Fat: 8.4g
- Saturated Fat: 1.7g
- Carbohydrates: 4.6g
- Fiber: .2g
- Protein: 26.6g