Skinny Lemon Brownies - these brownies taste like lemon and only have 96 calories per serving!
- 1 cup of white flour
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 2 large or extra large eggs
- 3/4 cup super fine sugar or granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp Kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Lemon Glaze
- 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mist a nonstick 8 or 9-inch square pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the softened butter with the sugar and beat with a hand-held mixer until fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time until well incorporated. Add the lemon juice, zest, and vanilla extract and mix just until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Add the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and beat at medium speed for about 1 to 2 minutes until nice and creamy.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for about 20-24 minutes. Try not to over bake. The edges will turn lightly golden brown. A toothpick should have moist crumbs. Let cool on a wire rack for at least 20 minutes.
- While cooling, prepare the glaze and then spread over the brownies and sprinkle on the zest. Cut into 16 brownies and enjoy!
- Serving size: 1 bar.
myWW points: Blue Points: 6; Green Points: 6; Purple Points: 6
- Category: Easy
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 96
- Sugar: 13
- Fat: 3
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Carbohydrates: 17
- Protein: 1
Keywords: skinny lemon brownies