Smoked Almonds Recipe - These almonds taste like the real smokehouse almonds you buy in the store for a huge price. I made these last with the help of my smoker are a great treat all year long!
- 16 oz Lightly Salted Almonds
- Pecan, Maple, or Apple Wood wood chips
- 2 Egg whites
- 2 tsp of Cinnamon
- 1 tsp of Vanilla
- 5 tablespoons of white sugar or brown sugar
- Get your smoker ready. Set your smoker to the smoke setting and let that run for 5 minutes before turning it to 225 degrees. If your smoker doesn’t have a presmoke setting then just set the temperature to 225 degrees. Fill your smoker with wood chips.
- Weigh out 16 oz of almonds on a food scale and set aside.
- In a bowl beat the egg whites with a hand mixer until the egg whites are frothy. Add in vanilla and cinnamon and stir in the almonds.
- Line a baking sheet with tinfoil and spread the almond mixture on top and spread the almonds around on the baking sheet. Sprinkle sugar on top of the almonds and place the sheet pan of almonds on your smoker for 1 to 2 hours.
Make sure to mix the egg whites and almonds well before adding them to a lined baking sheet.
Spray the tinfoil to prevent the nuts from sticking.
- Category: Snack
- Method: Smoke
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 oz
- Calories: 126
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 51mg
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: smoked almonds recipe