- 1 1/2 pounds of chicken – ground (98% fat-free)
- 1 packet of Mrs. Dash low sodium taco seasoning or any taco seasoning packet
- 1 15 oz can of black beans
- 1 15 oz can of corn
- 4 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bunch of scallions, chopped
- 6 tablespoons or more of Fat Free Salsa or Pico De Gallo
- 12 tablespoons of Fat Free Cheddar Cheese
- Rice of choice cooked, see notes above
- 6 dollops or tablespoons of Greek Yogurt ( optional)
- In a non stick skillet cook the chicken until brown and no longer pink. Add the taco seasoning packet and 3/4 cup of water. Simmer for 3 to 5 minutes and remove from heat.
- Gather or prep all the ingredients while the ground chicken is cooking. Open the can of black beans and corn. Dice the tomatoes and green onion.
- In a medium sauce pan add 1 cup of Instant Rice and 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil and remove from heat and cover until all the water is absorbed.
- Now it’s time to make the burrito bowls. Add 1/2 cup of rice to a bowl and then top with all the ingredients you just prepared. Enjoy.
myWW points: blue: 1; green: 6; purple: 1 (does not include rice)
# of servings is listed as yields underneath the recipe name
Points calculated using the recipe builder
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 355
- Sugar: 5g
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 60g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 25g
Keywords: burrito bowls