his chicken ranch pasta recipe has all my favorite flavor combos which include bacon, ranch, and cheddar! The recipe has been adapted for a WW friendly version but if you are not following WW feel free to use ingredients that are not fat-free.
- 8oz penne pasta
- 4 slice bacon, diced
- 2 tablespoons of light butter
- 1 large chicken breast, boneless & skinless, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 pkg dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 c fat free shredded cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 scallions, chopped (optional)
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Remove all the extra bacon fat from the pan.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add the butter to the pan, then add the chicken to the same skillet. Cook until tender, no longer pink, and slightly browned.
- Sprinkle the flour and ranch dressing mix over the chicken, stirring to coat evenly.
- Add the noodles, broth, and milk, and cook. Let everything simmer in the pan for 10-15 minutes. Check the pan and stir occasionally.
- When the noodles are cooked through add the cheddar cheese and half of the reserved bacon; cook and stir until the cheese is melted. Cover the pot for a few minutes to melt the cheese.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust as needed.
WW Points: 8 Click here to see in recipe builder (will have to log in)
- Category: Medium
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 284
- Sugar: 2
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 24
Keywords: chicken ranch pasta