- 8oz penne pasta
- 4 slice bacon, diced
- 2 tablespoons of light butter
- 1 large chicken breast, boneless & skinless, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 pkg dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 c fat free shredded cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 scallions, chopped (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions in boiling water; drain, set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Remove all the extra bacon fat from the pan.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add the butter to the pan, then add the chicken to the same skillet. Cook until tender, no longer pink, and slightly browned.
- Sprinkle the flour and ranch dressing mix over the chicken, stirring to coat evenly. Stir in the milk, and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened and bubbly. Stir in half of the cheddar cheese and half of the reserved bacon; cook and stir until the cheese is melted.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust as needed.
- Serve each plate of pasta with more bacon sprinkled over the top. Garnish with green onions (optional)
- Makes 6 servings, 1 cup serving size.
My WW Personal Points: 8 Click here to see in recipe builder (will have to log in)
- Category: Medium
- Method: Stovetop
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 284
- Sugar: 2
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 24
Keywords: chicken ranch pasta