Pasta Carbonara – creamy pasta coated in an egg and cheese sauce and topped with bacon. An easy 5 ingredient dish that comes together in under 20 minutes.
- 8 ounces spaghetti (use whole wheat spaghetti for NI)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. In a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta according to package instructions.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add bacon and cook until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes; reserve excess fat.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and Parmesan; set aside.
4. Reduce the burner heat to low. Stir in garlic until fragrant with the leftover bacon fat, and cook for about 1 minute. Stir in pasta and egg mixture, and gently toss to combine; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
5. Serve immediately, garnished with parsley or more parmesan cheese if desired.
Serving size: 1 cup
myWW points: Blue 10; Green 11; Purple 10
- Category: Medium
- Method: StoveTop
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 269
- Sugar: .9
- Fat: 7.66
- Saturated Fat: 3.33
- Carbohydrates: 34.37
- Fiber: 2.1
- Protein: 14.55
Keywords: weight watchers spaghetti carbonara