Regular Grilled Cheese
- 2 Slices of good crusty bread or regular sandwich bread
- 2 slices of cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon of room temperature butter or mayonnaise
Weight Watcher Version
- 2 slices of bread such as Village Hearth Light Italian
- 1 slice of Velveeta Original
- I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter Spray or regular butter
- Take two pieces of bread (artisan or crusty) and a slice of your favorite cheese.
- Place the cheese in the middle of the two slices of bread. Butter or spray 1 side of the bread with cooking spray (or butter). Mayonnaise works as well. Place the butter side down first on the basket and then butter the other side
- Set the timer of your air fryer to 5 minutes at 350 degrees.
- When the 5 minutes or done, flip the sandwich over so that the other side of the grilled cheese becomes toasty and golden brown. Air Fry for another 3 minutes. Not all air fryers cook the same. If your bread didn’t get brown, you might have to cook longer for each sides.
- Air Fryer Tip: When the bread is cooking in the air fryer it will sometimes move around because of the circulating air at the top. Most air fryers come with a trivet that you can place over the bread or find something heavy that is oven safe dish to set in your air fryer.
- Serving size: 1 sandwich
my WW points Blue 4 Green 4 Purple 4
- Category: Easy
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- Calories: 230
- Sugar: 1
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Protein: 11
Keywords: air fryer grilled cheese