I used to make my grilled cheese on a skillet but now I make them in the air fryer because it is so simple and the air fryer makes the bread nice and toasty!
- 2 Slices of good crusty bread or regular sandwich bread
- 2 slices of cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoon of room temperature butter or mayonnaise
- Place the cheese in the middle of the two slices of bread.
- Butter or spray 1 side of the bread with cooking spray (or butter). Mayonnaise works as well. Place the butter side down first on the basket and then butter the other side.
- Set the timer of your air fryer to 5 minutes at 350 degrees. Then butter the other side.
- When the 5 minutes or done, flip the sandwich over so that the other side of the grilled cheese becomes toasty and golden brown. Air Fry for another 3 minutes.
Serving size: 1 sandwich
My WW Personal Points: 3 Click here to see in recipe builder (will have to log in)
The grilled cheese sandwich gets flipped over to the other side so that it gives the other side of the bread to get brown and toasted. Sometimes it won't be brown but the bread is still crispy.
- Category: Easy
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- Calories: 230
- Sugar: 1
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Protein: 11
Keywords: air fryer grilled cheese