These chicken bacon skewers are made with fresh pineapple, onions, peppers, and bacon. You can grill them in the Summertime or make them in your air fryer.
- 2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 large pineapple, cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks
- 2 large red bell peppers, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 12 strips of thin cut bacon
- FOR THE HAWAIIAN SAUCE:
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 long skewers
- To make the Hawaiian sauce: Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan and stir until the cornstarch is dissolved. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 2 minutes. Set-aside until ready to use.
- Thread the skewers. Weave the bacon around each piece of chicken and pineapple, stick the bell pepper and onion together and weave the bacon around both of those. You'll need two strips of bacon per skewer if using 4 pieces of chicken and 3 pieces each of pineapple, bell pepper and onion. Brush some olive or vegetable oil evenly over each kabob.
- Preheat the grill to medium high. Grill the kabobs for 10-15, turning a couple of times, until done.
- Slather with hot Hawaiian sauce and serve immediately..
- Air Fryer: Set the temperature to 400 degrees and the time for 5 minutes. Place kabobs in air fryer basket. Flip kabob over and cook for another 5 minutes. Enjoy!
- Serving size: 1 kabob
myWW points: Blue 5; Green 7; Purple 5
Points are calculated with the WW recipe builder app and not using the nutrition info.
- Category: Easy
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 skewer
- Calories: 293
- Sugar: 20
- Fat: 9
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 3
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 22
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 20
Keywords: bacon chicken skewers