- 2 pounds of skinless whitefish fillets such as cod, haddock, or halibut
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp Onion powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 flour tortillas warmed (6″ tortillas)
- 1/2 cups fresh cilantro leaves (see notes)
- 2 1/2 cups of Tri color Cole slaw mix
- Lime juice
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
For the Pickled Onions
- 1 small red onion, halved and sliced thin
- 1 jalapeno chiles, stemmed and sliced into thin rings
- 1 cup apple cider wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- For the pickled red onions: Bring vinegar, lime juice, and sugar to boil in a small saucepan. Combine onion and jalapeño in a medium bowl.
- Pour vinegar mixture over onion mixture and let sit for at least 30 minutes. or refrigerate for up to 2 days. Store in air tight container.
- Air Fryer Tilapia: Combine all the seasonings together in a bowl. Season the tilapia generously. Spray the fish with some cooking spray and place the fish into a basket.
- Set the air fryer to 400 degrees and let the fish cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until the fish is no longer opaque.
- Coles Slaw Mix: While the fish is cooking in the air fryer make the slaw mix. Combine the coleslaw, chiles, cilantro, lime juice, sugar, vinegar, and mayonnaise together in a bowl. Mix well and set aside until ready to serve.
- Set the timer to 11 minutes. Serve with warm tortillas, cilantro, reduced fat chipotle mayo, pickled onion, and cole slaw mix.
myWW points: Blue 5; Green 5; Purple 5
Personal Points 6
- Category: Easy
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 taco
Keywords: air fryer fish tacos