When you’re too lazy to make apple crisp, try making this recipe for baked apples! All you do is slice the apples in half and core the seeds out, then top them with the crumb mixture and bake them in the oven.
- 2 apples, sliced in half, seeds and stem removed
- 2 tablespoons of light margarine or butter
- 1/4 cup old fashion oats
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Garnish: Reddi Whip Topping, Drizzle Caramel Sauce (optional)
- Cut apples in half and place in baking dish. Scoop out the seeds and remove the stem.
- Mix together the softened butter, oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, until everything is well incorporated.
- Place the apple halves in a greased baking dish. Evenly fill and top apple halves with the mixture oat mixture.
- Bake at 350 F/180 C until tops are golden brown and apples swell, about 30 minutes.
- Air Fryer: 350 for 15 minutes.
- Makes 4 servings, 1 apple half
WW points 6
- Category: Easy
- Method: Oven or Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 apple half
Keywords: baked apples