- For the Meatballs
- 1 lb 96/4 lean ground beef
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup of panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup of diced onion, cooked until soft
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley
- 1 oz of grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp each of salt and pepper
- For the Casserole
- 1 can (7.5 oz) Pillsbury buttermilk biscuits cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 cup to 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Spray a small saucepan with cooking spray, and cook the onions until they are soft and tender. Let them cool.
3. In a medium-sized bowl, mix together onion, bread crumbs, garlic, egg, cheese, salt, pepper, and parsley in a large mixing bowl.
4. Add in ground beef and mix gently until combined. Do not overwork. Form into 1-inch balls using a cookie scoop or your hands, and place on prepared cookie sheet.
5. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes. Set aside. If the meatballs are cooked through they will continue cooking in the casserole dish.
6. Cut each biscuit into 4 equal pieces.
7. Arrange the cut up biscuits into greased 9×13 dish any 9 in pie dish.
8. Cover with sauce, start with 1 1/2 cups, add more if you think it needs a little extra.
9. Place the meatballs on top of the biscuits.
10. Sprinkle with the cheese.
11. Bake at 350 for about 30-40 minutes.
12. Cut casserole into 8 equal pieces, serving size: 1 piece.
myWW points: Blue 7; Green 8; Purple 7
- Category: Medium
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/8th
Keywords: meatball sub casserole