1. because they are so easy to make.
2. there’s only 4 – 5 ingredients involved
3. who doesn’t love canned biscuits?! Especially when you can top them with whatever you want like meatballs, marinara sauce and cheese!
Bubble up meatball sub casserole is just a different variation of the other two recipes. Every ingredient is store bought, and it took me less than 5 minutes to layer all the ingredients in a casserole dish. This casserole has canned biscuits, marinara sauce, frozen meatballs, and cheese on top. It couldn’t be easier to put together. You are going to love this casserole, if you’re a fan of spaghetti and meatballs or meatball subs.Print
- 1 can (7.5 oz) Pillsbury buttermilk biscuits cut into small pieces
- 1 bag frozen turkey meatballs such as Jennie-O (24 oz)
- 1 1/2 cup to 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded part skim mozzarella
- Cut each biscuit into 4 equal pieces.
- Place into greased 9×13 dish.
- Cover with sauce, start with 1 1/2 cups, add more if you think it needs a little extra.
- Place the meatballs on top of the biscuits.
- Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake at 375 for about 30-40 minutes.
- Cut casserole into 8 equal pieces, serving size: 1 piece.
Recipe adapted from Life with the Crust Off
myWW points: Blue 11; Green 11; Purple 11
- Serving Size: 1/8th