This casserole recipe was my favorite dish growing up as a kid, that I always loved to eat. It's great for a potluck and and it's classic comfort food. My Dad would make it the best.
- 2 cups of instant Rice
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter *see notes*
- 1 15 oz can of french-style cut green beans
- 1 10 oz can of cream of chicken soup (fat free)
- 1/4 cup of 1% milk
- 1 cup of reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup of flour salt pepper
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces. Mix flour, salt, and pepper in bowl. Coat the chicken in the flour mixture.
- In another bowl add the can of green beans (drained), cream of chicken soup, and milk. Stir to combine. In a medium skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of butter over medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken until parts of the chicken starts to become brown. You don't have to cook the chicken all the way because it cooks in the oven.
- Pour the cream of chicken soup and green beans into an 8 X 11 in a casserole dish. Once the chicken is brown, dump over green beans and soup mixture.
- You do not need to mix them all around. Bake in the oven at 375 for 25 minutes. The last 5 minutes sprinkle cheese on top and return to oven until the cheese is melted. Serve over rice.
- Serving Size: 3/4 cup of casserole. Rice not included with points.
my WW blue: 5, green 6, purple 5
Serve with 1/2 cup of Instant Rice (not included in points)
- Category: Easy
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 264
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 563mg
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 19g
Keywords: chicken cheese hotdish