Recipe Updated: 10/1/2018 to include smart points and video
This was my favorite dish growing up as a kid, that I always loved to eat. My Dad would make it the best. My brother and I could always tell when my Mom made it because it wasn’t as good as when my Dad made it. I have this recipe memorized and keep all the ingredients for this in my panty at all times because once you make it, it is so easy to remember.
If you wish to make this recipe healthier you can use brown rice instead of white rice or sub cauliflower rice to help keep the points lower. Use 98% reduced fat cream of chicken soup, low-fat milk, and reduced fat cheddar cheese. Chicken stock can even be subbed instead of milk.
I’m going to be reupdating some old posts may be at least once a week and I can do that now because all my urls are fixed. They should be. If you run into any issues let me know in the comments below.Print
- 2 cups of instant Rice
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter *see notes*
- 1 15 oz can of french-style cut green beans
- 1 10 oz can of cream of chicken soup (fat free)
- 1/4 cup of 1% milk
- 1 cup of reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup of flour salt pepper
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces. Mix flour, salt, and pepper in bowl. Coat the chicken in the flour mixture. In another bowl add the can of green beans (drained), cream of chicken soup, and milk. Stir to combine. In a medium skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of butter over medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken until parts of the chicken starts to become brown. You don’t have to cook the chicken all the way because it cooks in the oven.
- Pour the cream of chicken soup and green beans into an 8 X 11 in a casserole dish. Once the chicken is brown, dump over green beans and soup mixture.
- You do not need to mix them all around. Bake in the oven at 375 for 25 minutes. The last 5 minutes sprinkle cheese on top and return to oven until the cheese is melted. Serve over rice.
- Serving Size: 3/4 cup of casserole. Rice not included with points.
Smart Points 5 Serve with 1/2 cup of Instant Rice
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 264
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 563mg
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 19g