Chicken pot pie soup is a hearty and creamy soup that is served with a garlic cheddar biscuit on the side to dunk in the soup. You are going to want to make this soup when you get sick because it puts chicken noodle soup to shame! 🙂
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into small bite size pieces
- 4 tablespoons of light butter, such as Land O Lakes Light Butter
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1/2 cup of diced carrots
- 1 15 oz can of green beans
- 2 to 3 celery stalks, chopped
- ⅓ cup of flour
- 4 cups of lower sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 cup of 1 % milk
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of pepper
- 1 recipe for my Garlic Cheddar Biscuits Parsley for garnish (optional)
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large dutch oven or pot over medium-low heat. Add in the cut up chicken and season with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp of pepper. Cook the chicken until golden brown on each side. 4 to 6 minutes. Remove chicken from pot and set aside on a plate. If your chicken isn’t cooked all the way through that is ok. It will continue cooking in the pot once you add it in with the stock.
- Add the remaining butter to the pot with the onions, carrots, and celery. Stir occasionally, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- When the vegetables are done cooking add the flour to the pot and continue cooking for 1 minute.
- Stir in the chicken stock, cooked chicken and green beans; scrape off any remainings on the bottom of the pan. Bring to a boil and continue cooking for 10 minutes. The soup will start to thicken.
- After the 10 minutes is up, add in the milk and cook and let the milk warm up in the pot. Season with remaining salt and pepper.
- Serve with my Garlic Cheddar Biscuits on the Side or on top of the soup.
myWW points: Blue 3; Green 5; Purple 3
- Category: Easy
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 163
- Sugar: 3.5
- Sodium: 787mg
- Fat: 6.1g
- Saturated Fat: 3.1g
- Carbohydrates: 12.3g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Protein: 15.6g
Keywords: chicken pot pie soup