Garlic Cheddar Biscuits are made with self-rising flour and greek yogurt and taste like Red Lobster’s Cheddar Bay Biscuits! Ever since discovering the 2 ingredient dough recipe made with self-rising that is now my go-to choice of flour. Self-Rising flour is pretty much Bisquick minus the lard or fat. It has flour, baking powder, and salt in it already. One other thing since discovering 2 ingredient dough is that when I first tried it tasted like a biscuit to me. Do any of you ever think that too?
How do you make cheesy biscuits?
These biscuits are so simple to make. You know me, I just LOVE simple recipes. Just combine the Greek yogurt, flour, garlic powder and cheddar in a bowl. One bowl! Mix well. Use an ice cream scoop and scoop out the biscuits on to a baking sheet. Bake at 400 for 17 minutes or until the tops start to become golden brown. Take them out and spritz with butter spray and sprinkle with dried parsley.
What can you do with these biscuits?
You can serve them on the side. Top them with gravy mix and have biscuits and gravy. Slice the biscuit in half and make a breakfast sandwich out of them. Make a sandwich. There are SOOO many things you could do.
What are the ingredients of Bisquick?
If you don’t have self-rising flour you can also use Bisquick. Just be wary that the points are different and you will need to use your recipe builder. The recipe for Bisquick is:
- 1 cup flour.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder.
- 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 1 tablespoon shortening, olive oil, or melted butter.
What will you need to make these biscuits?
To make these biscuits you will need a sheet pan, bowl, and ice cream scoop. That is it.Print
Garlic Cheddar Biscuits
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 17
- Total Time: 22 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
1 cups of self-rising flour
1 cups of nonfat Greek yogurt
4 oz of Fat-Free Cheddar Cheese (see notes)
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 bottle of I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter Spray
1 tsp of parsley
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix together the Greek yogurt and self-rising flour in a bowl. Add cheddar cheese and garlic powder then stir to combine.
3. Use an ice cream scoop about the size of 2 tablespoons to drop the biscuit dough onto a sheet pan.
4. Place the sheet pan in an oven and bake them for 15 to 20 minutes.
5. Take the biscuits out of the oven and spritz the tops with butter spray and sprinkle with parsley.
6. Will make roughly 4 large biscuits.
Smart Points: 4 (1 biscuit)
If you have a beef with Fat-Free cheddar cheese or ANY kind of Fat Free Cheese please use something else. I do not eat this all the time. If you use a different kind of cheese please adjust points as needed with the recipe builder.
- Serving Size: 1 Biscuit