Chili Frito pie is layers of chili, cheese, and Frito corn chips. It can be made in a casserole dish or kind of like a walking taco.
For the Chili:
- 1 pound of ground turkey (99% fat-free)
- 1 12 ounce package frozen seasoned corn and black beans, thawed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 28 ounce can low sodium diced tomatoes (I used crushed)
- 2 chipotle chiles, canned in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 8 ounce bag of Fritos
- 2 cups shredded cheddar reduced fat or fat free
- Heat a dutch oven over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add turkey; cook 8 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. Stir in corn and black beans; cook 2 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup water and next 5 ingredients stirring until thick. ladle chili into bowls; top with ciilantro and green onions if desired.
- Preheat oven to 350 and lightly grease a 2 quart casserole
- Layer ingredients in casserole in this order: chili, cheese, and chips.
- Bake until bubbly, 15-20 minutes.
- Go to confession and sin no more.
Smart Points: 8 for 1/8th of the dish.
Points are calculated with the WW recipe builder app and not using the nutrition info.
- Category: Easy
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chili frito pie