Chili Frito pie is layers of chili, cheese, and Frito corn chips. It can be made in a casserole dish or kind of like a walking taco.
- 2 pounds ground beef (*see notes*)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- One 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 15 oz can of chili beans
- Shredded Cheddar, for serving
- Chopped onions, for serving
- Place the ground beef in a large pot and throw in the garlic. Cook over medium heat until browned. Drain off the excess fat, and then pour in the tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, salt and cayenne. Stir together well, cover, and then reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. If the mixture becomes overly dry, add 1/2 cup water at a time as needed. Add the beans and simmer for 10 minutes. S
- Place some Frito chips in a bowl and top with warm chili and cheese on top. Plus any extra toppings you like!
Smart Points: 8 for 1/8th of the dish.
Points are calculated with the WW recipe builder app and not using the nutrition info.
- Category: Easy
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chili frito pie