Paula Deen's Mac and Cheese recipe is one of my favorite recipes for mac and cheese. When you bite into the mac and cheese you get bites of melted gooey cheddar surrounding creamy cheesy noodles.
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs (optional)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Boil the macaroni in water for six minutes. Drain.
- In a medium saucepan, mix butter and cheese. Stir until the cheese melts.
- In slow cooker, combine cheese mixture and add the eggs (I omitted the eggs), sour cream, soup, salt, milk, mustard and pepper. Add the drained macaroni and stir again.
- Cook on low for 2 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
My WW Personal Points: 12 Click here to see in recipe builder (will have to log in)
If you are planning on serving this at a party plan on heating the crock pot up 1 to 2 hours before serving.
Adding the eggs isn't necessary but to stop them from scrambling in the crock pot you need to add them into the cheese mixture when its warm and not really hot.
- Category: Medium
- Method: Crock Pot
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 392
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 676mg
- Fat: 24g
- Saturated Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 16g
Keywords: crock pot mac and cheese