This isn’t really one of those crock pot recipes you can leave over the course of the day when you go to work. It’s one of those recipes that need to be made on the weekend. It only takes 2 hours to 3 hours to cook in the crockpot.
This is a Paula Deen recipe that was originally 821 calories per serving and 14 smart points per serving. If you replace the butter with light butter, use 1% milk, and fat-free cheddar cheese the points will be much lower. Rozoni has smart taste elbow macaroni that is full of whole grains and fiber. Now the calorie count is somewhere around 400. Can you believe that? Well, believe me, and it still tastes good. It’s rich and creamy too. Almost reminds me of those Velveeta box recipes that you make from the store.
Ingredients from Paula Deen
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs (optional)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Boil the macaroni in water for six minutes. Drain.
- In a medium saucepan, mix butter and cheese. Stir until the cheese melts.
- In slow cooker, combine cheese mixture and add the eggs (I omitted the eggs), sour cream, soup, salt, milk, mustard and pepper. Add the drained macaroni and stir again.
- Cook on low for 2 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
You can make this more WW friendly by subbing in all lighter ingredients such as low-fat cheese and fat-free sour cream.
Freestyle SmartPoints: 14
I used the regular recipe listed to figure out Points
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 270
- Fat: 13
- Carbohydrates: 27
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 14
Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with WW in any way. I am just a member who creates recipes based on their points system. This recipe is based on WW Freestyle program, and SmartPoints are the value system the company bases their foods on. Some recipes will have older points system values listed in them.