- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons 1% low-fat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg yolk
- 5.6 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1 1/4 cups) $
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) grated smoked Gouda cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash of grated nutmeg
- 3 large eggs
- To prepare crust, place butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Combine milk, salt, and egg yolk in a small bowl; stir well with a whisk. Add milk mixture to butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating well after each addition. Add flour; beat just until combined. Press mixture into a 4-inch circle on plastic wrap; cover. Chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Unwrap and place chilled dough on a lightly floured surface. Roll dough into a 10-inch circle. Fit dough into a 9-inch pie plate. Freeze 15 minutes. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
- To prepare filling, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Add spinach; sauté 2 minutes.
- Combine 1 cup milk and remaining ingredients in a bowl; stir well with a whisk. Stir in spinach mixture. Pour filling into crust. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Cut into 10 wedges.
myWW points: Blue Points: 9; Green Points: 9; Purple Points: 9
Recipe from Cooking Light
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 205
- Sugar: .54
- Fat: 12.9
- Saturated Fat: 8.7
- Carbohydrates: 15.4
- Fiber: 1.1
- Protein: 7.3