Cowboy caviar is a delicious bean salsa made with black-eyed peas, black beans, and corn. Perfect for Summer snacking near the lake or pool! It’s also a delicious way to get your fiber intake for the day.
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained
- 1 15 oz) can black beans, drained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- ¼ orange bell pepper, finely chopped
- ½ cup chopped pickled jalapeno peppers
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¾ cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 pinch of sugar
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Cover tightly.
- Refrigerate at least 8 hours before serving, so flavors can fuse (this is the key to this dish).
- Serve with Tostitos Scoops or whatever chips you prefer.
- Category: Easy
- Method: MIX
- Cuisine: AMERICAN
Keywords: cowboy caviar