Frittata's are pretty awesome and so easy. No flipping, no scrambling, and no waiting until the egg yolk is set in the middle and the whites are done.
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon nipped fresh thyme
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 cup chopped ham
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (light)
- Preheat broiler. In a medium bowl combine eggs, milk, thyme, and pepper. Beat with a whisk until well mixed and evenly colored.
- In a large broilerproof skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add asparagus; cook and stir about 4 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Stir in prosciutto.
- Pour egg mixture over asparagus mixture in a skillet. Cook over medium heat. As egg mixture sets, run a spatula, around edges of skillet, lifting egg mixture so he uncooked portion flowers underneath. Continue.
- Place skillet under broiler, 4 to 5 inches from heat. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes or just until top is set. sprinkle with cheese.
myWW points: Blue Points: 6; Green Points: `0; Purple Points: 6
- Category: Easy
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4th of the frittata
- Calories: 380
- Sugar: 12
- Fat: 22
- Saturated Fat: 7
- Unsaturated Fat: 11
- Carbohydrates: 22
- Fiber: 9
- Protein: 19
Keywords: ham and asparagus fritta