Skinny Fettucine Alfredo – easy and lightened up Alfredo sauce which comes together in less than 20 minutes!
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup low-fat (1%) milk
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons Neufchtel or low-fat cream cheese
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 12 ounces fresh fettuccine
- Freshly ground pepper
- Make the sauce: Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and lemon zest and cook until the garlic is slightly soft about 1 minute. Add in the flour and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon,1 minute. Whisk in the milk and 3/4 teaspoon salt and cook, whisking constantly until just thickened about 3 minutes. Add the Neufchatel and parmesan cheese; whisk until melted, about 1 minute. Stir in the chopped parsley.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the fettuccine and cook until al dente, 2 to 3 minutes. Reserve 1 cup cooking water, then drain the pasta and return to the pot.
- Add the sauce and 1/2 cup of the reserved cooking water to the pasta and gently toss to combine, adding more cooking water as needed to loosen. Season with salt. Divide among bowls and top with parmesan and pepper.
- Makes 6 servings, per serving: 1 cup
myWW points Blue 10; Green 10; Purple 10
My WW Personal Points: 10 Click here to see in recipe builder (will have to log in)
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: Italian
- Calories: 312
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 453mg
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 49g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 13g