If you ever went looking for a low sodium jarred marinara sauce at the grocery store and didn't have any luck, you can easily make your own at home.
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 15 oz no salt added tomato sauce (canned)
- 8 tablespoons of no salt added tomato past (Hunt's)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tsps garlic, diced or minced
- 1 1/2 tsps ground oregano
- 2 tbsps leaves basil (dried)
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- Spray a non-stick pan with cooking spray. Set to medium-low heat.
- Cook the onions until they're translucent and add the tomato sauce and tomato paste; then water. Stir in all the spices, and let the sauce simmer on low for 30 minutes. Adding in ground beef is optional.
- Serving size: 1/2 cup.
My WW Personal Points: 2 Click here to see in recipe builder (will have to log in)
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 35
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 26mg
- Fat: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 1g
Keywords: low sodium spaghetti sauce