Pasta salads recipes are a must-have during the Summertime! Mexican Macaroni Salad from Ree Drummond is going to be your next favorite pasta salad.
- 1 pound elbow macaroni or small shells (doesn't matter you pick!)
- Vegetable oil, for oiling grill
- 2 ears corn
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped black olives
- 6 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1 cup jarred salsa
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and freshly ground black
- For the salad: Cook the macaroni according to the package directions. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Heat an indoor grill and brush with oil. Cook the ears of corn, turning, until browned and cooked through. Cut the kernels off the cobs.
- Put the corn in a big bowl with the black beans, olives, tomatoes, green onions and red onions and toss to combine.
- For the dressing: In a separate bowl, whisk together the salsa, sour cream, mayonnaise, cumin and salt and pepper to taste. Pour over the salad ingredients and fold together until everything is coated. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Serve chilled.
- Serving size: 1/2 to 3/4 cup
Points Plus: 7
myWW points: Blue 5; Green 7; Purple 5
Used Light Mayo, and Light Sour Cream to figure out nutrition Add some chicken to make it a whole meal!
- Category: Easy
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/2 to 3/4 cup
- Calories: 268
- Fat: 5.3g
- Carbohydrates: 45.7g
- Fiber: 5.9g
- Protein: 10.3g
Keywords: mexican macaroni salad