Mexican Macaroni Salad from Ree Drummond is going to be your next favorite pasta salad. This salad is packed full of black beans, tomatoes, corn, salsa, and cumin. Add in whatever favorite Mexican toppings you like to this salad!
Did anyone follow the Next Food Network Star this season? I’m seriously ticked off about the winner this time. I never liked Lenny from the beginning, him and the Butcher Babe. The first time I saw him, I thought, who is this annoying looking cowboy dude that they picked this time? Everybody else seems to love him though. My favorites were Emma and Lucca but Emma ended up getting eliminated and Luca had a really a good chance. REALLY GOOD chance. He was handsome and had that Italian accent. I’d rather listen to him prounounce Italian food words than Giada. After they annouced the winner last night, I flicked off the tv screen, and then went outside to take pictures of the Super Moon.
The last pasta salad recipe I made which was a BLT Pasta Salad recipe did really well, so I’m hoping this one does just the same. People seem to really like pasta salads. This recipe came from Ree Drummond, One of my favorite Food Network Stars and food bloggers. I’ve tried many of her recipes and have never had any problems with them, most of them are super easy to make to like this one. This Mexican Macaroni salad is packed with all your favorite Mexican ingredients: Black Beans, Tomatoes, Corn, Salsa, and Cumin. The pasta salad sauce has salsa in it which is my favorite part. Just look at how colorful this pasta salad looks!Print
- 1 pound elbow macaroni or small shells (doesn’t matter you pick!)
- Vegetable oil, for oiling grill
- 2 ears corn
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped black olives
- 6 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1 cup jarred salsa
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and freshly ground black
- For the salad: Cook the macaroni according to the package directions. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Heat an indoor grill and brush with oil. Cook the ears of corn, turning, until browned and cooked through. Cut the kernels off the cobs.
- Put the corn in a big bowl with the black beans, olives, tomatoes, green onions and red onions and toss to combine.
- For the dressing: In a separate bowl, whisk together the salsa, sour cream, mayonnaise, cumin and salt and pepper to taste. Pour over the salad ingredients and fold together until everything is coated. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Serve chilled.
Points Plus: 7
Smart Points: 6
Used Light Mayo, and Light Sour Cream to figure out nutrition
Add some chicken to make it a whole meal!
- Serving Size: 12
- Calories: 268
- Fat: 5.3g
- Carbohydrates: 45.7g
- Fiber: 5.9g
- Protein: 10.3g