Smoked Asparagus - this Spring popular vegetable is full of flavor now with the help from your smoker!
- 1 bunch or pound of Fresh Asparagus
- 2 tsp of olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Wood pellets of choice (I used Applewood)
- Set your smoker to 225 or 230
- Cut the ends off of the asparagus (where they easily snap off and toss them). Place the asparagus in a bowl and drizzle the asparagus with olive oil. Season them with the salt and pepper.
- Place the asparagus on a sheet of tinfoil and fold the sides of the tinfoil up to create a basket.
- Smoke at 230 for 1 hour or until soft. Turn every half hour.
My WW Personal Points: 1 Click here to see in recipe builder (will have to log in)
Always cut the white stalky stems off the bottom of the asparagus.
You do not need to blanch or soak the asparagus before placing them on a smoker.
- Category: Vegetables
- Method: Smoke or Grill
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 43
- Sugar: 2
- Sodium: 148mg
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: smoked asparagus