Smoked potatoes are seasoned with salt and pepper and drizzled with olive oil then get wrapped in foil and cooked on a smoker.
- 4 large baking potatoes such as russets, chopped into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Herbs of choice like parsley, dill or chives
- Preheat smoker to 225 F.
- Rinse and dry potatoes. Cut your potatoes in 1-inch sized cubes.
- Combine the potatoes with olive oil, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Toss to coat all the potatoes.
- Place the potatoes on some foil and fold in each side to make some handles. The foil also helps to easily transfer the potatoes to the smoker.
- Smoke the potatoes for up to 2 to 3 hours. Potatoes can be smoked alongside whatever meat you are smoking.
- Potatoes are done when they can be pierced easily to the center.
You do not need to poke holes in the potatoes prior to smoking them, only do that with baking potatoes.
There is no need to soak the potatoes in water before smoking them either.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Smoker
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 323
- Sugar: 3.4g
- Fat: 7.1g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 62.1g
- Fiber: 8.3g
- Protein: 5.6g
Keywords: smoker, potatoes, how to smoke potatoes