- 1 1/4 pounds ground chuck
- One 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/4 cups small curd cottage cheese
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions (less to taste)
- 1 cup grated sharp Cheddar
- Crusty French bread, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brown the ground chuck in a large skillet. Drain the fat, and then add the tomato sauce, 1/2 teaspoon salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Stir, and then simmer while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Cook the egg noodles until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sour cream and cottage cheese. Add plenty of freshly ground black pepper and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Add to the noodles and stir. Add the green onions and stir.
- To assemble, add half of the noodles to a baking dish. Top with half the meat mixture, and then sprinkle on half the grated Cheddar. Repeat with noodles, meat and then a final layer of cheese. Bake until all the cheese is melted, about 20 minutes.
- Serve with crusty French bread.
- To freeze: Assemble the Sour Cream Noodle Bake in a disposable aluminum oven-proof pan and seal the top of the container with the lid or heavy foil. Seal the edges to prevent freezer burn and place in the freezer.
- To cook from frozen: Place directly in a 375-degree F oven and bake, covered, for 45 minutes. Remove the lid and bake until lightly brown and bubbly, about 20 minutes more.
- Makes 12 servings: Serving size: 1 cup.
My WW Personal Points: 10 Click here to see in recipe builder (will have to log in)
myWW points: Blue 9; Green 9; Purple 9 (1 cup)
I used 93% lean ground beef, light sour cream, and 1% low fat cottage cheese to figure points in the recipe builder.
- Category: Easy
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 388
- Sugar: 9g
- Sodium: 792mg
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 41g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 28g
Keywords: sour cream noodle bake