For this burger, you can use lean ground turkey. The spices give it enough flavor so you don't have to worry about the burgers being dry.
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- ⅓ cup shallots, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1½ teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Cooking Spray
- 4 Orowheat Sandwhich Thin buns (100 calories each)
- Shredded lettuce
- 8 Sliced tomatoes
- 4 slices of light swiss cheese
- 4 tablespoons guacamole
- Chipotle Mayo
- ½ cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons canned chilies in adobo
- ½ lime, juiced
- Place turkey, shallot, and spices together in a large bowl and mix together until all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Lightly wet your hands and use them to shape 4 circular patties about 4 inches in diameter.
- Heat up a non stick skillet and spray with cooking spray.
- Cook burgers for 2 minutes on the first side, then flip, lower heat to low, and cook them for an additional 5-6 minutes.
- NOTE: the turkey burgers must be cooked through. Use a meat thermometer to check each patty for an internal temperature of at least 165˚F before removing from pan.
- Assemble the burgers as desired with bun, lettuce, tomato, cheese, and preferred condiments.
myWW points: Blue Points: 2; Green Points: 5; Purple Points: 2
- Category: Easy
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 360
- Sugar: 2
- Fat: 5
- Fiber: 7
- Protein: 24
Keywords: southwestern turkey burgers