- 6 oz spaghetti, uncooked
- 1 egg
- 6 Tbsp Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1 pound sweet Italian turkey sausage
- 1 and 1/2 cups store bought Marinara sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon basil (optional)
- 1 cup shredded low fat mozzarella cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly spray a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and place in a large bowl. Toss pasta with, cottage cheese, egg, and 4 Tbsp Parmesan cheese. Press the spaghetti mixture on the bottom and up the sides of the pie plate.
- While the spaghetti is cooking brown Italian sausage in a non stick skillet. Drain any extra fat. Stir in sauce (basil optional).
- Spread the sauce over the spaghetti. Sprinkle the top of the pie with mozzarella and remaining 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until heated through. Allow to stand for 10 minutes before serving. (It will be runny and fall apart if you serve it immediately)
- Slice into 6 equal pieces. Serving Size: 1 slice.
myWW points: Blue 8; Green 8; Purple 8
WW points are calculated using the recipe builder and not the nutrition info calculator.
See my blog post above this for making this dish low carb using spaghetti squash. It will also help lower the points of this dish to 5.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 369
- Sugar: 6.62
- Fat: 12.97
- Saturated Fat: 4.97
- Carbohydrates: 34.24
- Fiber: 2.5
- Protein: 27.43