- 6 oz spaghetti, uncooked
- 1 egg
- 6 Tbsp Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1 pound sweet Italian turkey sausage
- 1 and 1/2 cups store bought Marinara sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon basil (optional)
- 1 cup shredded low fat mozzarella cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly spray a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and place in a large bowl. Toss pasta with, cottage cheese, egg, and 4 Tbsp Parmesan cheese. Press the spaghetti mixture on the bottom and up the sides of the pie plate.
- While the spaghetti is cooking brown Italian sausage in a non stick skillet. Drain any extra fat. Stir in sauce (basil optional).
- Spread the sauce over the spaghetti. Sprinkle the top of the pie with mozzarella and remaining 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until heated through. Allow to stand for 10 minutes before serving. (It will be runny and fall apart if you serve it immediately)
- Slice into 6 equal pieces. Serving Size: 1 slice.
myWW points: Blue Points: 8; Green Points: 8; Purple Points: 8
See my blog post above this for making this dish low carb using spaghetti squash. It will also help lower the points of this dish to 5.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 369
- Sugar: 6.62
- Fat: 12.97
- Saturated Fat: 4.97
- Carbohydrates: 34.24
- Fiber: 2.5
- Protein: 27.43