Most pies out there are sweet pies, but this Spaghetti pie will change your mind about that. A pie can be on the savory side, and taste pretty damn good actually. Spaghetti pie, is like a layered lasagna dish, but instead, it’s all in a pie layered with noodles, cheese, and meat. And guess what? Unlike lasagna, you just make the layers once! It’s super easy to put together once you have all the three components of the layers all prepped. The only downside of this meal is all the dishes after, but just give that duty to your SO since you spent so much time working on their dinner. 🙂
Awhile back, I posted a recipe for Spaghetti Pie, and the photos were pretty bad. They were taken with my Olympus point and shoot camera. If you want to see the very bad photos of Spaghetti Pie click here to see the recipe.
I plan on going back through some recipes I took in 2013 and re-posting the recipes again with better images. There’s nothing wrong with posting the same recipe over again. I like making a recipe more than once if I really like it. This recipe, I really REALLY liked it.
Can you make this low carb?
Yes you can! Use spaghetti squash instead of noodles. Just cook a spaghetti squash and once thats cooled add the egg, cottage cheese, and parmesan to squash and mix it up. Place that on the bottom of the pie plate. Smart Points would be 5 using spaghetti squash.
How to Make Spaghetti Pie
- 6 oz spaghetti
- 1 egg
- 6 Tbsp Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1 pound Italian turkey sausage
- 1 and 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon basil (optional)
- 1 cup shredded low fat mozzarella cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly spray a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and place in a large bowl. Toss pasta with, cottage cheese, egg, and 4 Tbsp Parmesan cheese. Press the spaghetti mixture on the bottom and up the sides of the pie plate.
- Brown Italian sausage. Drain fat. Stir in spaghetti sauce (basil optional).
- Spread over spaghetti. Sprinkle the top of the pie with mozzarella.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until heated through. Allow to stand for 10 minutes before serving. (It will be runny and fall apart if you serve it immediately)
Points Plus: 9
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 369
- Sugar: 6.62
- Fat: 12.97
- Saturated Fat: 4.97
- Carbohydrates: 34.24
- Fiber: 2.5
- Protein: 27.43