Most pies out there are sweet pies, but this Spaghetti pie will change your mind about that. A pie can be on the savory side, and taste pretty damn good actually. Spaghetti pie, is like a layered lasagna dish, but instead, it's all in a pie layered with noodles, cheese, and meat. And guess what? Unlike lasagna, you just make the layers once! It's super easy to put together once you have all the three components of the layers all prepped. The only downside of this meal is all the dishes after, but just give that duty to your SO since you spent so much time working on their dinner. 🙂
Awhile back, I posted a recipe for Spaghetti Pie, and the photos were pretty bad. They were taken with my Olympus point and shoot camera. If you want to see the very bad photos of Spaghetti Pie click here to see the recipe.
I plan on going back through some recipes I took in 2013 and re-posting the recipes again with better images. There's nothing wrong with posting the same recipe over again. I like making a recipe more than once if I really like it. This recipe, I really REALLY liked it.
Can you make this low carb?
Yes, you can! Use spaghetti squash instead of noodles. Just cook a spaghetti squash and once that's cooled add the egg, cottage cheese, and parmesan to squash and mix it up. Place that on the bottom of the pie plate. Smart Points would be 5 using spaghetti squash. It will help lower the points to 5.
How to Make Spaghetti Pie
- 6 oz spaghetti, uncooked
- 1 egg
- 6 Tbsp Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1 pound sweet Italian turkey sausage
- 1 and ½ cups store bought Marinara sauce
- ½ teaspoon basil (optional)
- 1 cup shredded low fat mozzarella cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly spray a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and place in a large bowl. Toss pasta with, cottage cheese, egg, and 4 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Press the spaghetti mixture on the bottom and up the sides of the pie plate.
- While the spaghetti is cooking brown Italian sausage in a non stick skillet. Drain any extra fat. Stir in sauce (basil optional).
- Spread the sauce over the spaghetti. Sprinkle the top of the pie with mozzarella and remaining 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until heated through. Allow to stand for 10 minutes before serving. (It will be runny and fall apart if you serve it immediately)
- Slice into 6 equal pieces. Serving Size: 1 slice.
myWW points: Blue 8; Green 8; Purple 8
WW points are calculated using the recipe builder and not the nutrition info calculator.
See my blog post above this for making this dish low carb using spaghetti squash. It will also help lower the points of this dish to 5.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 369
- Sugar: 6.62
- Fat: 12.97
- Saturated Fat: 4.97
- Carbohydrates: 34.24
- Fiber: 2.5
- Protein: 27.43