Strawberry pretzel salad is a layered dessert made up of crushed up pretzels for the crust, cool whip, and cream cheese for the middle layer, and it gets topped up with jello strawberries.
- 1 cup crushed pretzels
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 8oz package fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1 8oz container fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 3oz package strawberry gelatin (can use sugar-free)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 10 package frozen strawberries or fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Stir together crushed pretzels, melted butter, and 2 tablespoon sugar; mix well and press mixture into the bottom of an 8x8 inch baking dish.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, until set. Set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together cream cheese and 1/4 cup sugar. Fold in whipped topping. Spread mixture onto cooled crust.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in still frozen strawberries and allow to. If the jello isn't cooled enough the liquid will seep through the other layers. Refrigerate until set.
- Divide into 9 equal portions
See the ingredients section above the recipe for ideas to make this WW-friendly. If using fat-free Cool Whip and cream cheese, sugar-free jello, and light margarine the points will be 7 per serving.
myWW points blue 7 ; green 7; purple 7 (WW recipe builder)
- Category: Medium
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 247
- Sugar: 27g
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 36g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: strawberry pretzel salad