Taco pie is a flavorful and satisfying dish that can be served as a main course for a casual meal. Check out the servings suggestions below on how to make this a full blown meal.
- 1 pound 96/4 lean ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 1oz packet of low sodium taco seasoning
- 1 15 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups of frozen corn
- 6 6" tortillas such as Ole Extreme Wellness or La Banderita
- 1 cup fat-free shredded cheddar cheese
- Green onions were used as garnish
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Brown meat, onions and taco seasoning in skillet. Add crushed tomatoes and corn and simmer for 5 minutes or until fully heated.
- Spoon 1 cup of mixture into round casserole dish. Cover with 3 tortillas and top with another 2 cups of meat mixture and 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Cover with remaining tortillas, then remaining meat mixture and cover with foil. Bake for 25 minutes. Top with remaining cheese and bake another 5 minutes uncovered until cheese melts.
- Cut the pie into 6 equal portions, serving size: 1 slice.
MyWW points: Blue: 4; Green: 4; Purple: 4
My WW Personal Points: 6 Click here to see in recipe builder (will have to log in)
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/6th of the pie
- Calories: 300
- Sugar: 4g
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 25g
Keywords: weight watchers taco pie