Hello friends, if you are new here welcome! Sharing a recipe for Taco Pie today.
I saw Felicia Fitness make this Taco pie recipe on her youtube channel and adapted it to what I like. If you haven’t checked out her channel on youtube yet, you should. I previously had a Taco Pie recipe on this blog that wasn’t very WW friendly that called for crescent roll dough as the pie crust. That was delicious but kind of high in points. This version of taco pie is much more WW friendly and the post has been updated to include points and nutrition info.
I like my tacos with ground beef and love that I can easily find 96% lean ground beef at either Aldi or Wal-Mart now. Ground beef is something I pick up every week for groceries. Ground turkey or ground beef can be substituted for the ground beef.
The tortilla I used was La Banderita Carb Counter tortillas. Ole Extreme Wellness brand is very similar and both are only 1 point for a tortilla.
I don’t have any issues using fat-free cheese so if you change the cheese up a bit make sure to change it in the recipe builder. It will be more points.
How to make Taco Pie
- Preheat oven to 350. Brown the ground beef, onions, and taco seasoning in skillet. Add crushed tomatoes and corn and simmer for 5 minutes or until fully heated.
- Spoon 1 cup of mixture into round pie plate dish. Cover with 3 tortillas and top with another 2 cups of meat mixture and ½ cup of cheese. Cover with remaining tortillas, then remaining meat mixture and cover with foil. Bake for 25 minutes. Top with remaining cheese and bake another 5 minutes uncovered until cheese melts.
Cut into 6 equal pie slices. 1 slice is 4 points
Other Taco Recipes
I am not affiliated with WW formerly known as Weight Watchers in any way. I am just a member who likes to create WW recipes and share them with everyone. I am by no means a nutritionist but try my best to figure out nutrition info for every recipe. Freestyle is the name of the current program of WW and smart points are calculated for the recipes.
How is this a WW recipe?
NO FOOD is off limits on WW and WW themselves stresses that a lot on their social media pages. That is one reason why I love WW. You can pretty much eat ANYTHING to lose weight just as long as you stay in your daily points range or are in a calorie deficit.Print
- 1 pound 96/4 lean ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 1oz packet of low sodium taco seasoning
- 1 15 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 ½ cups of frozen corn
- 6 6" tortillas such as Ole Extreme Wellness or La Banderita
- 1 cup fat-free shredded cheddar cheese
- Green onions were used as garnish
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Brown meat, onions and taco seasoning in skillet. Add crushed tomatoes and corn and simmer for 5 minutes or until fully heated.
- Spoon 1 cup of mixture into round casserole dish. Cover with 3 tortillas and top with another 2 cups of meat mixture and ½ cup of cheese.
- Cover with remaining tortillas, then remaining meat mixture and cover with foil. Bake for 25 minutes. Top with remaining cheese and bake another 5 minutes uncovered until cheese melts.
- Cut the pie into 6 equal portions, serving size: 1 slice.
MyWW points: Blue: 4; Green: 4; Purple: 4
My WW Personal Points: 6 Click here to see in recipe builder (will have to log in)
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Serving Size: ⅙th of the pie
- Calories: 300
- Sugar: 4g
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 25g
Keywords: weight watchers taco pie