- 1 ear of fresh sweet corn
- 1 jalapeno
- 2 ripe, Fresh California Avocados
- 1/4 cup of prepared pic de gallo
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 tsp of kosher salt
- black pepper to taste
- Cotija cheese for garnish
- Roast the corn and jalapeno over the fire (either on a gas stove or on a grill) until blisted and charred on all sides.
- (not burned please)
- After cooling for a few minutes, cut the corn off of the cob. Chop the avocados the mix in the pico de gallo.
- Seed and mice the roasted halapeno. Add the jalapeno, fresh lime juice, cilantro, roasted corn, garlic, kosher salt, and pepper to the avocado mixture. Adjust seasonings and serve. Garnish with Cotija cheese.
Recipe from Ben’s Aunt Sherry who found it at californiaavocado.com
Makes 8 servings: 4 smart points per serving