Tortellini Soup with Italian Sausage and Spinach - a hearty and warm soup packed with flavor to help you make it through the rest of the Winter!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground hot Turkey Sausage or regular Turkey Sausage
- 1/2 cup diced onion (about 1/2 medium sized onion)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1-28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1-32. oz. box of vegetable broth (chicken works too)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 9-ounce package refrigerated tortellini such as Buitoni Tortellini, Three Cheese
- 2 cups packed fresh spinach
- In a large soup pot or dutch oven, Heat olive oil and add the chopped onion. Cook the onions until they are soft.
- Add the Italian Sausage, and cook until sausage is no longer pink.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes, garlic, vegetable (or chicken) broth, basil, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and cover. Let soup simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Add tortellini and spinach and simmer for about ten minutes, until pasta is tender.
- Makes 8 servings. Serving size: 1 cup.
myWW points: Blue 6; Green 6; Purple 6
WW points are calculated using the recipe builder and not the nutrition info calculator. The nutrition calculator does calculate 0 point foods correctly.
- Category: Easy
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 321
- Sugar: 8
- Fat: 16
- Saturated Fat: 5
- Carbohydrates: 29
- Fiber: 5
- Protein: 15
Keywords: tortellini and sausage soup