Trisha Yearwood's Cowboy Lasagna is packed full of ground beef, sausage, pepperoni, fire roasted tomatoes, and layered with cheese and noodles for one delicious lasagna!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef chuck
- 1 pound sage-flavored sausage, in bulk or removed from casing
- 1 pound sliced pepperoni
- One 16-ounce can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- One 12-ounce can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- Pinch salt
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 16 ounces lasagna noodles
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese
- 16 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- In a large, heavy skillet over medium heat, add the oil and lightly brown the ground beef and sausage. Be sure to keep the meat chunky, not finely separated, while cooking. Add the pepperoni, tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano, salt, pepper, garlic, onion and 2 cups water. Bring to a simmer and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Cook the lasagna noodles according to the package directions and drain.
- In the bottom of a 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking pan, spread a layer of the prepared sauce. Top with a layer of the lasagna noodles and the ricotta, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Repeat, ending with the sauce, noodles and cheeses.
- Bake until lightly browned and bubbling, about 40 minutes. Allow the dish to stand for 15 minutes before serving. Cut the lasagna into 3-inch squares and serve.
- Adapted from "Home Cooking with Trisha Yearwood" by Trisha Yearwood
My WW Personal Points: 15 Click here to see in recipe builder (will have to log in)
FYI I substituted some of her ingredients for healthier options
- Category: Easy
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 884
- Sugar: 6
- Fat: 69
- Saturated Fat: 25
- Unsaturated Fat: 17
- Carbohydrates: 22
- Fiber: 7
- Protein: 59
Keywords: cowboy lasagna