White enchiladas use a roux made with flour, butter, and chicken broth. Greek yogurt or sour cream is added into that roux with some green chiles.
- 10 soft taco shells (I used flour) (I used Tumero’s Cut Da Carb Wraps for 1 smart point)
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 Tbsp. butter (light butter)
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chillies
- Garnish: chopped fresh cilantro or parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13 pan
- Mix chicken and 1 cup cheese in a bowl. Spread about 2 tablespoons of the chicken and cheese onto the middle of the tortilla. Roll up the tortillas and place in pan.
- In a sauce pan, melt butter, stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Add broth and whisk until smooth. Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly. Take the pan of the heat and let it rest for awhile until the sauce has become slightly cooled.
- Stir in greek yogurt and chilies.
- Pour the sauce over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 22 min and then under high broil for 3 min to brown the cheese.
- Serving size: 1 enchilada.
myWW Blue 5; Green 6; Purple 5
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 1 enchilada
- Calories: 320
- Sugar: 1
- Sodium: 537
- Fat: 11
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Carbohydrates: 19
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 16