Here's a little tip. If you want to get back at someone you don't like at the moment, go to a health insurance site and enter in their phone number to the site and press the enter button when looking for quotes. They'll get spammed up to wazoo in phone calls! I accidentally did that, and now I'm getting calls from all over the US. They started on Friday and now, I probably have up to 80 phone calls from missed insurance companies. I'm not kidding you! Don't ever do that for yourself if you're ever shopping around for health insurance. Anyways.... that's a little life lesson.
I got home today from work and decided that I must make some doughnuts. Baked doughnuts that is. If I made a whole batch of fried doughnuts I'd be in trouble. It took two tries to get this recipe right. The first time I had added way to much baking soda so the doughnuts looked liked muffins. The second batch turned out pretty good, they weren't too sweet. Into the pool of sugar glaze they were dipped and then topped with some sprinkles. Aren't sprinkles purty?!
The batter is kind of thick and if it's a little too thick when you make it, just add some more milk. Not too much milk, I was measuring until the batter became a certain consistency that I liked.
I've been going kind of picture crazy with this new lens of mine. I'm just LOVING it!Print
baked funfetti glazed donuts with glaze and sprinkles
- 1 cup of flour
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp of baking powder and baking soda
- 2 tablespoons of canola oil
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons of 1 % milk
- 2 tablespoons of sprinkles
For the Glaze:
8 tablespoons of powdered sugar
1 tablespoon milk
- Makes 8 doughnuts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl combine the flour, salt, and baking soda. Stir to combine. In another bowl add in the wet ingredients: canola oil, sugar, 1 egg, and 6 tablespoons of milk. Whisk until well combined and add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and keep stirring until the batter forms. Fold in sprinkles. Grease a doughnut pan liberally with cooking spray.
- Place the batter in a piping bag and cut the tip off. Pipe the doughnut batter into the doughnut pan
- Bake at 400 for 10 to 12 minutes or until tooth pick comes out clean
- Whisk the powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon of milk in a bowl until a glaze forms and dip the cooled donuts in the glaze. Garnish wish sprinkles.
myWW points: Blue Points: 6; Green Points: 6; Purple Points: 6
- Category: Easy
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 donut
- Calories: 75
- Sugar: 5
- Fat: 7
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 2
- Trans Fat: 1
- Carbohydrates: 7
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 1
Keywords: Baked Funfetti Glazed Doughnuts