Oven Roasted Smoked Sausage and Potatoes is an easy sheet pan meal with smoked sausage (my fav), potatoes, and onions your whole family will love!
This recipe was created back in 2014. When I shared it on my Facebook page it went nuts with over 600,000 views, 20,000 some shares, and over 100 comments. I can not take all the credit for this, I found it on Big Blue Binder recipe page and still make it today.
Why You Will Love this Recipe
Sheet pan meals are the best and they are so easy because of the easy clean up after! This meal still continues to be one of my favorite recipes today.
This recipe has been adapted and made suitable for a WW diet. The original recipe called for 1 package of smoked sausage, 5 medium potatoes, and 2 tablepoons of olive oil just in case people were looking for old the recipe.
Like other sheet pan recipes check out these! Sheet Pan Garlic Butter Salmon Asparagus and Potatoes or One Pan Pork Chops and Potatoes
Smoked Sausage - If you have never had smoked sausage (of ANY kind) made from a butcher you are missing out. The taste and flavor of smoked sausage are phenomenal. Or you can get a flavored sausage like chicken and apple to help lower the calories.
Potatoes - When cutting the potatoes make sure they are the same size as the sausage rounds are so that everything cooks easily in the oven. Same goes for the onions.
Use red or yellow potatoes
Onions - When roasted onions in the oven they almost turn out like caramelized onions that you would make in a skillet. Just these three ingredients are so simple and make for one tasty dish.
See recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to make Oven Roasted Sausage and Potatoes
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 400*F.
Step 2: Line a large baking sheet with tin foil, and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
Step 3: Put the sausage rounds, onions, and potatoes into a large bowl. Drizzle with a tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and paprika. Toss together with your hands until everything is evenly distributed. Pour this out onto the sheet pan and spread out the sausage and potatoes.
Step 4: Place into the heated oven and roast for 45 minutes to an hour, stirring every 15 minutes or so, until the potatoes are golden brown and tender. Turn off the oven.
Tips for Oven Roasted Smoked Sausage and Potatoes
- If you are looking to make this dish a little more Weight Watcher friendly use chicken sausage or turkey sausage instead of smoked sausage. This will help lower the points and use less oil as well. If you use cooking spray instead oil make sure to spray the potatoes and sausage liberally.
- Cooked chicken sausage is 3oz for 3 smart points
- Cooked turkey sausage is 3 oz for 4 smart points
- Smoked paprika is a good sub for regular paprika.
- Use olive oil cooking spray in place of olive oil
- Disclaimer: The pictures were taken made with ground pork and since I made this recipe I have used chicken and turkey sausage. I'll try to post an updated picture using these two sausages. I apologize if that misleading.
Air Fryer Method
Set air fryer temp to 350. Place potatoes and onions in a 5.3qt air fryer basket and drizzle with olive oil.
Season with salt, pepper, and paprika. Toss the potatoes and onions until everything is coated. Set the timer for 6 minutes and let the air fryer go.
Once the 6 minutes are up, take out the basket and add the sausage rounds and continue cooking for 6 minutes. This recipe is so good in the air fryer!
Frequently Asked Questions
Next time if you're up for it try this meal with green bell pepper, red bell pepper carrots, or green beans.
Always store leftovers in clean, food-grade containers. The type of container doesn’t really matter. Use zip lock, glass, plastic, whatever! Make sure to store any leftovers in an airtight container.
More Great Dinner Recipes to Try:
If you tried this Oven Roasted Sausage and Potatoes or any other recipe on my website, please please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you go in the 📝 comments below. I love hearing from you! Follow along on Tiktok @jennarecipediariesPrint
Oven Roasted Smoked Sausage and Potatoes - an easy sheet pan meal with smoked sausage (my fav), potatoes, and onions - your whole family will love!
- 1 lb of smoked turkey sausage, cut into rounds
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 medium potatoes russet
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- Preheat the oven to 400*F.
- Line a large baking sheet with tin foil, and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cut sausage into rounds. Chop the onions and potatoes the same size. This helps with cooking time.
- Add the sausage rounds, onions, and potatoes into a large bowl. Drizzle with a tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and paprika. Toss together with your hands until everything is evenly distributed. Pour this out onto the sheet pan and spread out the sausage and potatoes.
- Place into the heated oven and roast for 45 minutes to an hour, stirring every 15 minutes or so, until the potatoes are golden brown and tender. Turn off the oven.
- Makes 8 servings, divide into 8 equal servings
myWW Blue 9, Green 10, Purple 7
You can try this recipe using different types of sausage other than smoked sausage to help lower the Weight Watcher point.
- Category: oven
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: ⅙th of the pan
- Calories: 316
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 857mg
- Fat: 22g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 10g
Keywords: oven roasted smoked sausage and potatoes
Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with WW in any way. I am just a member who creates recipes based on their points system. This recipe is based on WW Freestyle program, and SmartPoints are the value system the company bases their foods on. Some recipes will have older points system values listed in them.