Learn how to make perfect easy-peel hard-boiled eggs made in the air fryer that can be used for egg salad sandwiches, salad, Scotch Eggs, deviled eggs, and more! Use the skip to recipe feature at the top of the post if you don’t want to read the entire post!
There are MANY methods for cooking a hard-boiled egg out there. You can make them on a stove in boiling water, an Instant Pot, and in your oven. My new favorite method for cooking hard-boiled eggs is with my air fryer. Yep, that’s right. You will be amazed at how easy it is to cook them in this popular trendy contraption that looks like Darth Vader’s helmet. 🙂
I just place some cold eggs in the air fryer basket, set the timer to 16 minutes and temperature 250 and let the air fryer cook them. So easy and simple to make. Use some Everything Bagel Seasoning to top the eggs with, or eat them however you like. Make some deviled eggs or an egg salad sandwich with these.
Tips for Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
- This method works for a 1400 to 1700 watt air fryer. Please check the wattage on your air fryer first before trying this method.
- Please note, I am not responsible if your eggs don’t turn out. Every air fryer is different and might take longer or less time to cook. There are many comments below where people are mad because they decided to try a whole carton of eggs and they didn’t turn out. Please do not cook 12 eggs at once, especially if this is your first time trying this. Try 1 or 2 eggs at first. Increase the time if the eggs are not cooked through.
- If you haven’t cleaned your air fryer in a while there might be brown spots on the eggs. This doesn’t ruin them or anything and it has happened to me quite a few times. Don’t worry if you see them.
- I like to use a wire rack to help lift the eggs out of the basket all at once. It is not needed for the recipe. Most air fryers come with a trivet to place on food.
What is an Air Fryer?
An air fryer is a kitchen appliance that cooks by circulating hot air around the food using the convection mechanism. It is a downsized version of the convection oven.
Tips for using Air Fryers
Preheating: Some air fryers require preheating and some do not. Be sure to check your air fryer manual. Mine does not require preheating. If the food ever burns or doesn’t cook properly this could be why the recipe didn’t work for you.
Overcrowding: Do not overcrowd the basket. Some food will not cook properly or all the way through.
Oil: One of the reasons why air fryers are so great is because food doesn’t need a lot of oil. Just a small amount!
Air fryer temperature settings vary according to brand and model. If your air fryer does not have the exact temperature setting called for in the recipe, consult your manual for suggested temperature settings.
What are the Best Air Fryers
There are so many different air fryers out on the market these days and it is hard to pick and choose which one to buy. Every air fryer recipe on this site was tested with a Power XL air fryer. A lot of questions I get are from people asking me if this works with the brand of air fryer they use. It’s hard to answer that because every air fryer model is different.
Do you love your air fryer as much as I do? Try these recipes
Other Air Fryer RecipesPrint
Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs – are so easy you’ll never make them on your stove top again!
- 6 large eggs (cold)
- Set your wire rack that came with your air fryer inside the basket and place the eggs on top of the wire rack. If your air fryer didn’t come with a wire rack then just place them in the bottom of the air fryer basket. I’ve done it with and without that and both methods work. I just find that the wire rack is easier to lift them all out of the basket at once.
- Set the temp to 250 (121 C) and the timer to 16 minutes. After the eggs are done in the air fryer take them out and put them in an ice water bath to stop the cooking. Peel the eggs and enjoy!
- Disclaimer: Unfortunately, not all air fryers work the same. If your eggs don’t turn out you will have to adjust the time and temperature accordingly. I have this listed in multiple sections on this page. Adding it to the instructions as well just in case people miss this.
myWW Blue 0 Green 2 Purple 0
WW points are calculated using the recipe builder and not the nutrition info calculator
Disclaimer: Air fryers are like microwaves and all of them have different wattages. That means the time and temperature above might not work for your air fryer. If your eggs don’t turn out this might be why.
This method works for a 1400 to 1700 watt air fryer. Might have to cook longer for smaller air fryers. Please check the wattage on your air fryer before cooking the eggs.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Air Fry
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 large egg
- Calories: 77
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 62mg
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 1.6g
- Carbohydrates: .6g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 6.3g
Disclaimer: Air fryers are like microwaves and all of them have different wattages. That means the time and temperature above might not work with your air fryer. If your eggs don’t turn out this might be why. Please be aware of this before leaving a comment about how your eggs didn’t turn out. Not All air fryers work the same. Thanks.