Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs – are so easy you’ll never make them on your stove top again!
Guys, making hard boiled eggs will never be the same with my air fryer! I always thought hard boiled eggs were super annoying to make because you literally had to wait for the water to start boiling and take them off the stove and let them rest for 20 minutes. The air fryer makes it so easy to make hard boiled eggs! I just set my wire rack that came with the air fryer down in the basket so that the eggs wouldn’t move around. Set the temp to 250 and the timer to 16 minutes. This method has worked perfectly two times now. I’m beyond excited about this method for cooking eggs. Oh and once you take them out of the ice water bath, the eggs are really easy to peel. Sprinkle some everything bagel seasoning on top of them. Yum! Perfect zero point snack.
The air fryer has been one of my favorite new kitchen appliances and I almost like it better than the Instant pot. You can even cook so many zero point foods in the Air Fryer like deviled eggs to make weight loss even easier!
Tips for Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
- This method works for a 1400 to 1700 watt air fryer. Might have to cook longer for smaller air fryers.
- Please note, I am not responsible if your eggs don’t turn out. Every air fryer is different and might take longer or less time to cook. There are many comments below where people are mad because they decided to try a whole carton of eggs and they didn’t turn out. Please do not cook 12 eggs at once, especially if this is your first time trying this. Try 1 or 2 eggs at first.
- If your eggs didn’t cook through increase the time. Just have to play around with your air fryer.
- If your air fryer requires preheating then please do that.
- I used cold eggs.
- If you haven’t cleaned your air fryer in a while there might be brown spots on the eggs. This doesn’t ruin them or anything and it has happened to me quite a few times. Don’t worry if you see them.
- I like to use a wire rack to help lift the eggs out of the basket all at once. It is not needed for the recipe.
- If your air fryer is in Celsius temp it would be 127. Google has a very handy calculator for converting Fahrenheit to celsius. All you do is a search for that. Not exactly sure how to figure out the time.
Different types of Air Fryers
The air fryer I have is a Power XL air fryer. I have not tested this with all the other different kinds of air fryers there are out there but many people below have. If I did that and bought every single air fryer there is out there, then I wouldn’t have any room left in my house! Check the comments below to see if someone else has tried it with the air fryer you have. If you follow the temp and time listed below it SHOULD work.
Do you love your air fryer as much as I do? Try these recipes
Other Air Fryer Recipes
How to Make Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs Video!
Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
- 6 large eggs
- Set your wire rack that came with your air fryer inside the basket and place the eggs on top of the wire rack. If your air fryer didn’t come with a wire rack then just place them in the bottom of the air fryer basket. I’ve done it with and without that and both methods work. I just find that the wire rack is easier to lift them all out of the basket at once.
- Set the temp to 250 and the timer to 16 minutes. After the eggs are done in the air fryer take them out and put them in an ice water bath to stop the cooking. Peel the eggs and enjoy!
Smart Points: 0 (freestyle)
- Serving Size: 1 large egg
- Calories: 77
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 62mg
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 1.6g
- Carbohydrates: .6g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 6.3g
Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with WW in any way. I am just a member who creates recipes based on their points system. This recipe is based on WW Freestyle program, and SmartPoints are the value system the company bases their foods on. Some recipes will have older points system values listed in them.