Leftover Ham and Hash Brown Casserole – this casserole is loaded with cheese and hash browns and it is a good way to use up all that leftover ham!
I got to take home some leftover ham for Christmas. My brother got a 17 lb ham expecting 10-15 people to show up but then there was a Winter Storm over Christmas. It was just me, myself, my Mom, and Laura. Plus 3 dogs and 1 cat. That’s a lot of leftover ham. I’ve got a ton of it in my fridge right now and I found this casserole to make. It almost reminds me of those cheesy hash brown potatoes that are so famous during the Holidays but with Ham added to it.
I hope everyone has a great New Year’s. My goal in 2017 is to become a full time blogger. This month was pretty amazing income wise and I typically don’t share that kind of stuff. Thank you to everyone who has visited this blog and put up with my non Weight Watcher Recipes and Weight Watcher recipes. Ha!
- 1 30 oz. bag of frozen shredded hash browns
- 8 oz. plain Greek yogurt (unsweetened)
- 2 cans cream of reduced fat chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups of leftover diced ham
- 2 cups low fat shredded cheddar cheese, reserve 1/2 cup for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all the ingredients together and place in a lightly greased 9 x 13 baking dish. Cover with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheddar. Bake for 1 hour. Enjoy!
Smart Points: 6
Makes 8 servings. 1/8th of the pan
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 310
- Sugar: 0
- Fat: 12
- Saturated Fat: 7
- Carbohydrates: 27
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 21
Recipe adapted from Written Reality