Well folks, I finally broke down and bought a new laptop. Mine keeps on shutting itself down, especially if I have another program open up like Spotify. I can’t even listen to Spotify anymore. *Sad face. I made sure to get a laptop with a lot of storage space for all the pictures I take and one that has a lot of memory, so I can have more than one program open. I ordered it today,and also got 2 day shipping on it, because I want it now. Something to look forward to in the middle of the week. Yay! I’m partial to Dell computers and Windows.
I wanted to make some cookies for my neighbors since they mowed my front yard. I was trying to think of what kind of cookie a kid would like, and what kid doesn’t like monster cookies? The recipe, I followed, did not have any peanut butter in it, can you believe that?! What kind of monster cookie recipe doesn’t have any peanut butter? I also added in some mini chocolate chips for some more chocolate. Next time, I’m going to add in some salty pretzels.
Disclaimer: This is NOT a Weight Watcher Recipe.Print
Makes 24 cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup (dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup of peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 2/3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (160g) M&Ms
- 1/4 cup of mini chocolate chips
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream the softened butter and both sugars together on medium speed until smooth. Add the egg, vanilla, and peanut butter and mix on high until combined, about 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, toss the oats, flour, baking soda, and salt together. Add to the wet ingredients and mix on low until combined. Fold in the M&Ms and mini chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Roll balls of dough (about 1 tablespoon of dough per cookie) and place 2 inches apart on the baking sheets. I pressed a few extra M&Ms into the tops of the cookies for looks. Bake for 10-11 minutes until very lightly browned on the sides. The centers will look very soft. Remove from the oven and let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 176
- Sugar: 15
- Fat: 8
- Saturated Fat: 4
- Unsaturated Fat: 1
- Carbohydrates: 24
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 2