How do you make a hot dog taste even better? Wrap it in some bacon of course! This bacon-wrapped hot dog is the best hot dog you will ever eat. Pick a good-quality bun and toast that on the grill for a bit. Wrap some bacon around the hot dog and tada! Your neighbors will be so jealous of all the glorious smells coming from your backyard, they will start knocking on your door.
The past couple of days, I've had a hankering for some good old American Hot Dogs. Since tomorrow is the 4th, there will be plenty of people cooking hot dogs on the grill. One of my favorite hot dog brands is Hebrew National. They make a 97% fat free hot dog for only 1 smart point. Pair that with a lite hot dog bun that is 2 smart points and you can make some pretty creative hot dogs. I kept my hot dog simple and wrapped it in some bacon.
- 6 Hot Dog buns - get some really good hotdog buns in the bakery aisle at your grocery store
- 6 97% fat free hot dogs such as Hebrew National - try this with cheddar wursts, brats, or chicken sausages
- 6 slices bacon (applewood smoked) -
- A box of toothpicks for keeping the bacon on the hot dog - not necessary but these just hold the bacon into the hot dogs better
- 6 tablespoons of reduced sugar ketchup
How to Make Bacon-Wrapped Hot Dogs
Turn your grill on to medium heat (400 to 500 degrees F) Make sure the grill grates are cleaned prior to heating.
Step: 1 Take one slice of bacon and start wrapping it around the hot dog. Use a tooth pick to help secure the bacon onto the hot dog on each side.
Step 2 Place your dogs wrapped in bacon on indirect heat and cook on each side for 3 minutes or until the bacon is cooked through.
Step 3 Open up your hot dog buns and spray them with cooking spray. Toast them on the grill for 3 minutes or until they start turning golden brown.
For toppings use some sugar free ketchup and drizzle that on top of your hot dog.
Favorite Condiments for Hotdogs
Pickled Red Onions are a classic staple for any type o Grilled Food in the Summer
Ketchup and mustard
Diced Avocado or The Best Damn Guacamole Ever
Sautéed onions, pickle relish, jalapeño, and peppers
Hot Sauce or homemade Hot Honey
Slice of cheese
Make my easy smoked queso dip to put on top the hot dogs.
Air Fryer Hot Dogs
Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees. Arrange the bacon wrapped hotdogs in the air fryer basket.
Air fry for 8 to 10 minutes Use parchment paper on the bottom of your air fryer for easy clean up. You can even toast buns in the air fryer while your hot dogs are on the grill.
What to Serve with Hot Dogs
Best Grilling Tips
- Always Start with a clean grill. Make sure last nights dinner isn’t stuck on it. 😉
- Get any type of meat thermometer. This will help to check for proper doneness and to make sure the meat is at the proper temperature.
- Grilling is done at very high heats to cook food faster. Smokers are used for low and slow cooking.
- Know when to use direct heat.
- The best outdoor type grills are Webber or Blackstone. Blackstone are a flat top cooking service that don’t have any grates in them.
More Great Recipes to Try:
If you tried this Bacon Wrapped Hot Dog Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you go in the 📝 comments below. I love hearing from you!Print
How do you make a hot dog taste even better? Wrap it in some bacon of course! This bacon wrapped hot dog is the best hot dog you will ever eat.
- 6 Lite Hot Dog buns
- 6 97% fat free hot dogs such as Hebrew National
- 6 slices of applewood smoked bacon
- 6 tablespoons of reduced sugar ketchup
- A box of tooth picks for keeping the bacon on the hot dog
- Cooking Spray
- Take one slice of bacon and start wrapping it around the hot dog. Use a tooth pick to help secure the bacon on to the hot dog on each side.
- Turn your grill on to medium heat (400 to 500 degrees F) Make sure the grill grates are cleaned prior to heating.
- Place your dogs wrapped in bacon on indirect heat and cook on each side for 3 minutes or until the bacon is cooked through.
- Open up your hot dog buns and spray them with cooking spray. Toast them on the grill for 3 minutes or until they start turning golden brown.
- For toppings use some sugar free ketchup and drizzle that on top of your hot dog.
myWW points: Blue 5; Green 5; Purple 5
- Category: Easy
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: grilled bacon wrapped hot dogs
Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with WW in any way. I am just a member who creates recipes based on their points system. If you have any questions related to the program go to their website. The recipe builder is what I use to figure out points.